Guide on Hiring a Mobility Scooter
Here are some very important points you must look for before hiring any mobility scooter on holiday and these apply to anywhere in the world, but of course we are in the area of the Costa del Sol from Estepona to Nerja where as much English as Spanish is spoken. Don’t forget if you are going to a non-English speaking country these rules apply even more.
- Does the Mobility scooter company provide a collection/delivery service and, if so, are there any additional charges?
- Does the scooter company ask for a deposit on the scooter and how much is it and when is it refunded. Ideally the Mobility scooter company should not take any deposit but have another means of security otherwise you might find a lot of your holiday money is on deposit and not refunded until you are ready to go home.
- Does the Mobility scooter company provide full insurance to cover both you and your scooter whilst you hire it and does it include public liability so should you cause an accident you are insured, and is this included in the price you pay or is it additional?
- How can you pay, cash, credit card, pre-book, and if you pre-book what guarantees have you got that they will deliver the mobility scooter?
How you find a reputable mobility scooter rental business?
- Word of mouth, or recommendation of a friend, always talk to other people.
- Ask your travel agent who has good local knowledge of the Costa del Sol, Spain and or wherever you are going.
- Speak directly to your hotel reception.
- Use the internet and judge by the way the site is presented and try to find out how long they have been in business, phone them, speak to them and ask questions.
- Find out what happens if your scooter has a breakdown. Do they have a 24 hour scooter recovery service, do they replace the scooter if they cannot repair the scooter on site. How long will you be kept waiting from the time of your phone call to the time they arrive to repuour mobility scooter. Ask them for their company policy. Do they charge if they are called out.
- How many people do they have working for them? Remember if they are a one man band he can only be in one place at one time.
- Check that the firm give detailed hands on instructions how to use the mobility scooter you hire or long term rent when they deliver it, remember although you may have a mobility scooter at home it might be slightly different, make sure you know how to operate and use it safely before they leave.
- If for any reason you are not happy with the mobility scooter, will they change it and will they charge you?
- If whilst you are on holiday you do have problems with a mobility scooter rental company don’t be afraid to complain. Firstly give the company a chance to put things right and if that doesn’t work then depending how you got to you destination will depend on who to complain to. Obviously tour operators, travel agents are first, but then the hotel/apartment you are staying in and then you’re your local tourist board should be made aware so no other people fall into the same trap.
Our company Mobility Scooters has a great track record on the Costa del Sol and has many happy clients in every town along the Costa del Sol, offering mobility scooter hire or long term mobility scooters for rental with free mobility scooter delivery to Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Estepona, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Torremolinos, Torrequebrada, Los Boliches, Calahonda, La Cala, Riviera, El Pinillo, Mijas, Cabapino, Mijas Costa, Montemar, Malaga, San Pedro and we also cover inland areas such as Antequera, Alhaurin de la Torre, Alhuarin el Grande, Cartama, Coin.
Lastly have a good holiday, relax and enjoy!